Registration on Immobilise is one of the key messages from the Knowsley, Liverpool Bike Safety Campaign
Putting the brakes on bike theft is simple if you follow the advice below:-
- Ride with your mates whenever possible, not alone.
- Avoid taking short cuts and stay away from dark streets and alleyways.
- Use a good bike lock which can loop through the wheels, frame or seats.
- Record and register your bike – log onto www.immobilise.com.
- Never leave your bike unlocked and unattended.
- Keep your bike in a locked garage or shed when not in use.
If you think you are being offered a stolen bike, ring Merseyside Police on 0151 709 6010 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
The Safer Knowsley Partnership includes Merseyside Police, Merseyside Police Authority, Knowsley Council, Knowsley Primary Care Trust, Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service and other partners, working with the community to reduce crime and disorder across Knowsley.