With the darker nights soon to start drawing in, it’s a good time to think about enhancing your home security. National crime data shows homes without security measures are 5 times more likely to be burgled than those with. We must deter burglars from targeting our precious homes and valuable contents. Taking just a few simple steps can make a huge difference in keeping your home safer.
Deter burglars and keep your property secure at all time
- Lock your doors properly. It sounds so simple, but most burglars get in through windows and doors that aren’t appropriately locked or have flimsy mechanisms. Be sure to invest in strong, visible locks.
- Install an alarm. Nothing puts burglars off more than an alarm going off.
- Use timers on your light switches and consider getting get a Fake TV product.
Remember to lock everything up and keep anything of worth out of sight
- Keep expensive jewellery in a locked safe
- Ensure valuables are not on display through windows
- Don’t discuss going-away plans on social media. Burglars are likely to live in your surrounding neighbourhood and may even be part of your social network.
- If you do go away, ask someone you trust if they can check on your property for you and take in your post.
Register on Immobilise, it’s FREE!
- Register your property at immobilise.com and put warning labels in prominent places such as downstairs windows that let burglars know your property is easily traceable.
- Once registered, should any of your property be found or recovered, police can easily return it to you.
- Having a list of everything to hand for an insurance claim is some comfort if you find yourself having to make a claim.
- Immobilise offers many affordable and easy to use products to help mark your property, meaning they will become much easier to identify if recovered. Click to visit the Immobilise shop