As Christmas day fast approaches, we’d like to share a few crime prevention tips that are known to be effective at this time of year. Much is well-trodden advice, but following a few simple rules will always be the best way to ensure a crime-free Christmas for your home and family!
- Be secure with festive lighting check for vulnerabilities such as feeding cables through open windows.
- Create the illusion of occupancy when you’re away, especially at night. Use inexpensive light timers or a TV simulator to deter would-be thieves.
- Dispose of gift packaging carefully – Don’t advertise expensive gifts or purchases.
- Away over Christmas? Ask a neighbour to park on the driveway, and be sure to cancel or redirect any deliveries.
- Be cyber aware and careful not to advertise your new gifts or trips away on social media!
- Store spare keys securely and always use alarms if you have them.
To read the complete list of tips, visit: https://www.immobilise.com/articles/crime-prevention-at-christmas