Don’t be caught out when the clocks go back this Sunday, 31st October.
Autumn is well and truly here; the leaves are turning, and the nights are drawing in. Unfortunately, this time of year provides darkness as cover for would-be burglars, but you can help protect your home from opportunist thieves.
- Keep curtains and blinds shut at night!
- Make sure valuables are not visible through windows.
- If you have a burglar alarm, remember to set it!
- Always lock doors and windows even when you’re at home and secure sheds.
- If you’re going out, try to make your home look occupied by using devices like timer switches to control lights or a TV Simulator (shop.immobilise.com/tv-sim-burglar-deterrent/) to deter would-be thieves.