Humberside Police and cycle shops across Hull are continuing to work together with more than 650 new cycles registered onto www.immobilise.com by stores since the end of May 2014.
- Bob’s Bikes, Beverley Road.
- Cliff Pratt Cycles, Spring Bank.
- Doug Scott Cycles, Beverley Road.
- East Coast Bicycles, Princess Avenue.
- Freetown Sports, Prospect Street.
- Halfords, St Andrews Quay.
- Ken Ellerker Cycles, Chanterlands Avenue.
- Jobes Cycles, Anlaby Road.
- Jobes Cycles, Holderness Road.
- Motor World, Hessle Road.
- Richardson’s Cycles, Marfleet Lane.
- Star Bikes, Willerby Road.
- Steve’s Cycles, Chanterlands Avenue.
Chris Hardy, Hull’s Second Hand Dealers Officer said: “Cycle stores have been quick to embrace the opportunity to support the police in tackling cycle crime. The fact over 650 new cycles have been registered in just over six weeks is an excellent up take. I hope by increasing cycles registered on-line we can reduce cycle thefts in the city, with thieves reluctant to take property which is identifiable and thus can lead to prosecution for stealing or even handling stolen property.
“People really should consider using the website “CheckMEND” to check any second-hand cycle, or indeed any item with a unique serial number, they are looking to purchase. Humberside Police are uploading the serial / frame number of all items reported to us as stolen, onto the database and the use of CheckMEND checks protects members of the public from inadvertently buying stolen goods”.
For more information please visit:
Read the source store in full: www.humberside.police.uk/newsmedia/hull-over-650-cycles-registered-onto-wwwimmobilisecom-by-cycle-shops
The Immobilise Property Register: www.immoblise.com
Consumer electronics background history reports: www.checkMEND.com/uk/
The Humberside Police website: www.humberside.police.uk